About This Course
Get hands-on experience on the basic to advanced level analysis & visualization of biological datasets using the ggplot2 packages in R language. Also learn how to write scripts, preprocess, explore, visualize and analyze biological datasets for more meaningful biological research.
A Step-by-step Case-study of Human Mitochondrial Proteome
From Dataset Parsing to Beautiful Visualizations
Why is Biological Data Visualization Important for Your Research:
- Validating the hypothesis based on visual inspection of the data analysis.
- Quick visualization of large mathematical to better understand the dataset at hand.
- Being able to compare the gene expression intensities among a large set of samples.
- Plotting a bar chart to quickly understand the distribution of the dataset.
- Construction of PCA plot to compare the PCA components among multiple and different samples.
- Visualization of the distance matrix datasets among many biological replicates and samples through heatmaps.
- Creating publishable figures for research papers, proposal and review papers.
- Visualization of the commonly executed biological data analysis, such as principle component analysis, t-test, distributions and much more.
How will this workshop help you
In this pre-recorded, pre-scheduled Biological Data Visualization with ggplot2 in R Workshop, you will be learning skillsets that are required for beautiful, meaningful and interestingly publishable high quality biological data visualization and figures. Even if you don’t know programming or R language at all, in this workshop you’ll learn R language from the basics to the advanced levels and then apply your script writing skills on data visualizations.
Learning biological data visualization can not only help you in creating beautiful data visualization but also in making impactful decisions during your research based on data visualizations along with publishable figures for your research papers.
- Complete Introduction to R language (view content below)
- Biological Dataset Pre-processing
- Introduction and Basics of ggplot2
- Key Components of a Visualization, Scaling and Labels in ggplot2
- Facet/Scattered Visualizations
- Linear Regression & Smooth Visualizations
- Box plots and Histograms for Pattern-Recognition in Biological Datasets
- Frequency Plots for Information Mining Visualizations.
- Volcano Plots for Gene Expression Datasets
- Heatmaps for Gene Expression and Distance Matrix Datasets
- PCA plot for Principle Component Analysis
- Phylogenetic Tree Visualization Using ggtree
You’ll be practicing on a case-study of human mitochondrial proteome and genome along with real-world gene expression dataset.
Therefore, you’ll not only learn data visualization with ggplot2 in R, but you’ll also do real-world biological data visualization in this biological data visualization with ggplot2 in R workshop.
Learning should be at your convenience
We believe that not everyone is a fast learner especially when it comes to Bioinformatics, so our courses and workshops are designed in such a way that you learn at your own pace, during any time of the day and any number of times.
Everything Online, For Everyone
Whether you’re a beginner in Bioinformatics, an experimental biologist or a Bioinformatics researcher, our workshop will help you greatly.
Learn effectively with well-curated materials
For an optimal learning experience we carefully prepare our learning materials and example data. So, you comprehend how your newly gained skills can help you do great research!
- No prior experience in R or coding required
- Biologists, beginner or intermediate Bioinformaticians or data analysts with no or little experience in applications of computational bioinformatics and bioinformatics pipelines for data visualization.
- Students looking to create publication-ready figures for their research.